The Moulin Rouge, the famous Paris entertainment venue is unveiling a secluded room inside the iconic red windmill. It has been sumptuously designed to transport guests back in time to the late 19th century. Mark 17 May, 17.00 CEST time in your diary for an opportunity to book the Moulin Rouge’s windmill room, an Airbnb Experience.
Moulin Rouge Paris – An Exceptional Belle Epoque Stay
Few people are aware of the space inside the famous windmill, which has never been open for public access and is now bookable for an overnight stay on Airbnb.
The windmill interior has been transformed into a Belle Époque inspired boudoir, reminiscent of the cabaret era. Guests will experience a peek behind the velvet curtains of the fabled landmark, including backstage access to the theatre.
They will also enjoy a traditional French three-course meal, the best seats during the Moulin Rouge’s acclaimed show Féerie and an overnight stay inside the iconic windmill, all for just €1 a night.
Lead dancer Claudine Van Den Bergh will open the doors to the handsome hideaway and host three individual one-night stays for two guests each on June 13, 20 and 27.
About this Special Space
Situated in the heart of Montmartre, the Moulin Rouge is best known as the birthplace of the French Cancan. A delightfully energetic cabaret and a performance that is symbolic to the Belle Epoque Era.
When recreating the decorative and stylistic details of this celebrated time in history, Airbnb worked with the renowned 19th century French historian, Jean-Claude Yon, to authentically renovate the windmill, exactly as it would have been.
Throughout its colourful history, the windmill – which was first constructed in 1889 as a nod to the site’s rural origins and reconstructed three decades later following a fire – was never opened to the public, until now. Guests will travel back in time to experience:
- An opulent boudoir filled with exquisite art nouveau features including a miniature paper stage to immerse guests in the spirit of The Cabaret.
- A dressing area featuring glamorous accessories from the Belle Epoque, including vintage costumes, fragrant perfumes and effusive letters from admirers.
- A private rooftop terrace adorned with an ornate pagoda and garden furniture characteristic of the time period – an ideal setting for an après show cocktail!
About the Stay
Upon their arrival guests will be treated to a carefully curated evening designed to embrace the grandeur of the illustrious cabaret. Highlights include:
- A private tour of the Moulin Rouge: its history, its costumes makers and its backstage area.
- An aperitif on the romantic rooftop terrace followed by the Belle Époque menu three-course dinner prepared by resident chef Arnaud Demerville. A classic Parisian petit déjeuner will also be provided the following morning.
- A meet and greet with lead dancer and Airbnb Host, Claudine Van Den Bergh in her dressing room and photos on stage with the cast of the show.
- The best seats in the house during the Moulin Rouge show, Féerie: a fantasy world of feathers and French opulence, featuring sensational performances, sumptuous sets and original music.
- And of course, an unforgettable overnight stay inside the renowned red windmill.
Guests can request to book the three individual one-night stays on June 13, 20 and 27 beginning Tuesday, May 17 at 7:00 PM CEST here.
Your host Claudine Van Den Bergh